- Family Law, divorce, child custody, alimony, equitable distribution matters, premarital agreements, post-marital agreements, separation agreements and civil litigation arising out of family law matters.
Aimee has worked in the family law area with Dorian Gunter since 2015. Her law experience includes divorce, child custody, child support, alimony and equitable distribution. Additionally, she has experience negotiating as well as preparing separation agreements, premarital agreements and post marital agreements.
While in law school at Wake Forest University School of Law, Aimee dedicated over 100 hours to pro bono work. Much of this time was spent with the Forsyth County Teen Court Program, which Aimee helped direct in 2014. She was also president of the Domestic Violence Awareness Coalition and a member of the Pro Bono Project Executive Board. She was actively involved in Wake Forest’s Moot Court Board and was a finalist the 2013 Stanley Moot Court Competition. Aimee was the Managing Editor of the Wake Forest Journal of Law & Policy. Aimee spent her first summer in law school as a research assistant for both Professor Margaret Taylor and the Professional Center Library. Her second summer was spent interning with the Wake County Public Defender’s Office.
- B.A., Clemson University, magna cum laude, 2011;
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, cum laude, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Coif, 2015
- Laura J. Gendy Award for exemplifying honor and integrity, 2015
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- North Carolina Bar Association Member, Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association Member, Family Law Section
- N.C., 2015